Monday, December 14, 2009

weekly-ish update 1

The girls were sick for about a week and a half. They're finally over it, thank goodness. I hate when they're sick. I feel so bad for them when they can't breathe through they're little noses. So we haven't put our Christmas tree up yet. It's killing me! I'm the kind of person who likes it up the day after Thanksgiving and Daniel's a Christmas eve kind of guy. We (well, he, but it's pointless to argue with him) decided that we'll wait until December 21st to put the tree up so the kids won't get into it. I can't wait!!! I want to take Christmas-y pictures soooo bad. Maybe it's a good thing we're waiting since I hurt myself (if you don't already know, more about it in a minute). Mamaw put her tree up already and the girls saw it. They love it! Daniel did almost all of our Christmas shopping online this year. We have a little left to do so last Saturday (Dec 12th) we were going to finish. I was carrying Ashlin to the car and stepped wrong or something, twisted my ankle, and fell. In order to keep Ashlin from getting hurt, I twisted mid-air and hurt myself worse. Ashlin didn't get hurt at all, though, thank the Lord! I went to the doctor today (14th) and the x-ray showed that I have a broken foot. Yay....lol. 24 years old and I have my first broken bone ever. I have to go to the orthopedic doctor on Wednesday to see if I need a cast or a boot. Kelsie's been cute with this, though. She'll randomly come up to me and say, "Mommy, you k now?" or when I get up to do something (hopping or with crutches, of course), she'll say, "don't walk, mommy!!!" Ashlin's getting to where she tries to copy almost everything we say. She's learning to talk sooner than Kelsie did. She's not great at the words she does say, but just her trying is adorable. Mamaw has 2 goats (a baby and her momma) and they were bleating and so Ashlin tried to do it, too. It was so cute. She said Papaw for the first time today!!! She still says "bah-bah" for Mamaw, but she'll get there. Here are some pics...enjoy!

Ashlin seeing Mamaw's tree lit up for the first time. Her Uncle Mark is holding her.

Mamaw's Christmas tree (I didn't even try to get a good pic...sorry for the poor quality)

Lil' Ashlin

She wasn't smiling, but I wanted to include a picture of Ashlin in the butterfly wings. She walked around for about an hour in these things. She loved them!

Kelsie on the bouncy zebra...even though she's a bit too big...lol.
I don't know why I'm putting these up, but I felt inclined to add pics of my injury...lol. Excuse my ugly foot, but please note my ankle (that there is one). This is my good foot.
This is horrible quality, but this is my broken foot. You can't see how bad the bruise is (it covers most of my foot), but the break is where the bruise is the worst. Also, no ankle...my foot is too swollen.

4 comments:

  1. Love your new pics Jessie.. OMG! Ouch! your foot looks pretty bad.. :( boo to that! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And, yeah, it sucks, but hopefully it heals fast...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor poor Kracker. Your poor foot. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures and OWIE on your foot!! Somehow I missed that you had broken it! When and how did that happen? Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete