Friday, January 8, 2010

My first post of the new year!

It's a new year, so I thought it was fitting to have a new look. My old blog was pretty boring, but a friend of mine, Amy, posted about a site called shabby blogs. I heart shabby blogs...lol. Now I have a pretty new background and header.

Anyway, so what to update about? Hmmm...well, Daniel and I signed a new lease at our apartment. One more year. I really, really hope it's only one more year. I don't like living here and I haven't for a long time. We signed the new lease so we wouldn't have moving expenses. Our plan is to buy a new car (probably not new new, but fairly new...the newest we've ever had, for sure). We wanted to have as much money as possible to put down on it, so we decided we'd save moving for next year. The plus side to not moving is I told Daniel that if we stay here, I get a dslr with income tax return (and not just any dslr, but the one i want...I don't want to settle and not be happy with it). I've been waiting at least two years for this camera, but I keep putting it off for one reason or another. Well no more! I'm so excited!

So, guess what?! It snowed yesterday! It doesn't snow much here and when it does, it either doesn't stick, or doesn't stick for long. It stuck last night! Daniel was supposed to work last night (he works 12 hour night shifts. He leaves at about 6:20pm and gets home usually 7:45). He left last night and then came back home about 10 minutes later. He said something like, "Yeah, that's not gonna happen." Apparently the roads were pretty bad. He said people were driving 5 mph and one car had slid off the road and an ambulance passed by him just in the few minutes he was gone, so he came home and called in. I don't blame him. He decided since he wasn't going to work, he would go outside and build a snowman...lol. I bundled the girls up and we went outside to help him. I don't think I've ever seen snow like this where we're living. The snow doesn't usually stick to the parking lot, but it did this time. It was really pretty. I had to take Ashlin inside after a few minutes because it was too cold, but Kelsie stayed outside and helped finish the snowman. It was a really good one. I was going to get a good picture of it the morning since it was dark last night (and put a mouth on it since Daniel didn't put a mouth on him), but someone thought it would be a good idea to steal Kelsie's first snowman. It was gone this morning (one more reason I hate living here) :o(.

When we woke up this morning, one of the first things Kelsie said was
she wanted to go outside and play in the snow, so I went ahead and took her out. Ashlin was still sleeping. She didn't actually play in the snow. Instead, we just walked around in the parking lot...lol. I found a spot where the snow hadn't been touched and I suggested Kelsie make a snow angel. She'd never made one before, but she knew how, so she got on the ground and made one! When I helped her up, she told me to make one, so I had to get down there and make one, too. We came in after that. It was too cold. We've had a blast with our little bit of snow and I got some cute pictures. Ready to see them? Yeah, I thought so! (click on the picture to see the full size)

Kelsie and Ashlin's first snowman! Daddy helped, but just a little...hehehe.


Ashlin after playing in the snow. We couldn't stay out long cause of how cold it was.


If I ask Ashlin where her nose is, she sticks her finger in her nose. Every time...lol.





These are from playing in the snow today (1-8-10). The first is Kelsie's first snow angel next to my snow angel. The 3rd pic down is Kelsie making her first snow angel.

Click these links to see the large size-
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4257344753_25cdc8c91d_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/4257331677_578159b762_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4257347357_b5f826cd78_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4258104364_6c090082b6_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4257350047_806f78e463_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4257044417_78d904cc3c_b.jpg


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Page:) Love the pics mama..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the snow pics:D and love your blogs new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shabby blogs too. I never heard of it until I searched some food blogs! :) Love the pictures. Which DSLR do you want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LOVE the new look on your blog! And the pictures are adorable. I love the fish eyes close up fourth from the bottom! Cute and hilarious at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy- Thank you! That means a lot coming from such a great photographer and the queen of vintage!

    Mommy blogger- I'm really embarassed to ask this, but what's your name? I can't see your profile. I'm so sorry! I'm thinking about a Nikon D60. I plan to find a store with them and hold it and look at some other brands, but I can't get D60 out of my head. Of all the research I've done, I like the sound of that one best.

    Cheryle- Thank you! I love that one, too. She's such a little ham!

    ReplyDelete