Enjoying my new camera
So I'd been waiting as patiently as I could for our tax return. I did really well for about a week and a half, but I was getting really excited and impatient for it towards the end. Finally, February 5th arrived and our money was deposited! Why was I so excited for this return? Well there were several reasons, but one of the most important to me was that I could finally order my new camera! It feels like I've wanted a DSLR forever, but I think it's actually been a year and a half or so. My dreams of owning one were finally coming to fruition and it felt so surreal! I ordered my Nikon D5000 on Friday, February 5th and it arrived in the mail on Monday morning. Holy cow, that was fast! Definitely didn't expect that! I love this camera even though it's a lot to learn. I'll get it one day, but it may take a little while before I venture out of auto...lol. Even in auto, it's a million trillion times better than my p&s. I also got PSE 8, so I've been having fun learning that. I was introduced to the world of actions and I'm in love! You'll see some of my camera and PSE fun below. Another reason I was so excited for our return was we could put a down payment on a car. We've been driving a 1987 Toyota Camry for over a year now and it's definitely seen better days. Before the Camry, we had 3 other cars in our 4 and a half year relationship...almost a car every year. We were so ready to get a nice car that will last us a loooong time! We went to Carmax and found a 2007 Dodge Caliber. It's really nice and I'm so excited to be able to say it's ours (even though we'll be paying on it for a while).Picture time again! As always, click on the link to see the picture bigger or just click on the picture to see the whole thing.Our new car!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4366256632_874753114f_b.jpg
Little baby pine cones
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4365524271_9069d82983_b.jpg
My first time using an action!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4352859674_8498cccae1_b.jpgAshlin eating snow...that's all she was interested in doing...lol.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2774/4346584207_70717fe865_b.jpgThis was my first attempt at using a texture like this in a fantasy type picture
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4347291320_0014f1e901_b.jpg
Kelsie, Ashlin, and Daniel posing for a picture
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4343999978_12b4af7d0e_b.jpgMy wonderful hubby, Daniel
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2803/4343262277_3b0c327730_b.jpg
Beautiful pictures!! You're doing a fantastic job with your new camera and I love the new editing techniques too!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryle! It's a bit intimitating, but it's nice to hear some feedback letting me know I'm not completely horrible...lol.
ReplyDelete