Friday, April 2, 2010

It's that time again

Time for another update! So as of today I am 8 weeks and 3 days (only 221 days to go...lol). I went to my first appointment on March 24th. I was expecting my appointment to be with Dr. Traver, but I got a call the day before my appointment and they said she was sick so I would have to see Dr. Garza and my appointment would be about an hour earlier. I was thrilled because Dr. Garza is my favorite. It was just a typical 1st appointment: pap, breast exam, some questions, blood work. I talked to the doctor about my nausea and asked for medicine to help control it, and before I even got the whole sentence out, she said she'd write me a prescription for phenergan. I told her she was my best friend...lol. It's helped A LOT!!!! My due date is November 9th at the moment, but they will confirm it at my first ultrasound on April 5th (this Monday). I can't wait!!! I'm so excited to see my little nugget!!!

Yesterday, I decided I would take the girls to the park to take their Easter pictures. I got some cute ones, but the trees in the spot I wanted to take the pictures weren't blooming yet. It's ok, though. I'll go in a week or so and it should be beautiful. I got some great shots of some flowers. It's probably my best combo of photography and post processing to date. I saw some pictures I took of flowers last year and I can't believe how much better I am now! It's so cool to see that. I hope I can continue to grow. I need to try and venture out of auto. I have a nice fancy camera...I can't let it be a really expensive point and shoot (although even in auto, it's a million times better than my point and shoot ever was!). I thought I'd post 2 of my flower pictures from last year and some from this year as a comparison. As always, click the picture to see it's full size. Hope you enjoy!
A year ago-

My pictures from yesterday (April 1, 2010)
I typically don't play with lens flare or anything like that, but the sun was on that side and there was a small amount of lens flare anyway, so I experimented with it and I like it on this picture.

1 comment: