Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's a...

Most of the people who read this probably already know this, but It's a BOY!!! We found out on June 23rd. I've known since my morning sickness started that this was a boy and that was only confirmed for me when my moodiness started days later. With the girls, I was hormonal-emotional. With this pregnancy, I was hormonal-angry. Everything made me mad...I had the shortest temper. It was awful! Since I knew it was a boy, I'm a bit surprised by my reaction. I was completely shocked. It was as if I'd been telling myself "boy" for so long that I didn't believe it anymore? Maybe it was because Daniel was dead set on it being a girl. The gender was one of the first things she looked for. Unfortunately the umbilical cord was in the way so when I didn't see boy parts, my first thought was "oh my goodness, it's a girl"...lol. Luckily, she was able to wiggle him around to move the cord.

It was really important to me to tell my mother-in-law in a special way so
for anyone interested in the story, here it is:

She really wanted it to be a boy. (Back story: Daniel thought it was a girl and his mom and I joke about him being wrong about things cause he's stubborn.) We were on our way home and she texted asking if we knew yet, so I texted back and said, "Well...at least we don't have to worry about buying clothes cause she'll have plenty of hand-me-downs. Don't you hate it when Daniel's right". She didn't see it before we got there so I had to repeat it when we came inside (she said we looked like we were about to cry...lol). She looked a bit disappointed, but she said she was happy anyway. I said, "do I get a hug anyway?" and while she was hugging me, I whispered "It's a boy" in her ear. She screamed. In my ear. Then jumped around and ran and told everyone and then ran to her mom's house( behind her house) to tell her...lol. It was really special. This will be the first boy in the family in 14 years! We don't have a first name yet, but his middle name will be Daniel (after the hubby).

Here are some ultrasound pictures :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment